Friday, October 25, 2013

Direct Characterization- Hanna

Hanna bit her lip. “I think I should go,” she said, her voice quiet.
“What? No! We’ve got loads of time.” Lacey leaned back on the towel, dark shades covering much of her face.
“Dad will be home soon and he doesn’t like it when I go without leaving a note.”
“That’s crap. You’re sixteen. Plenty old enough to come down to the pool with us.” Us included Beks and Ashton, both flirting in the pool with a group of senior boys.
“I don’t- I should just go, okay?”
Lacey shrugged. “Suit yourself. Have fun walking.”
“You have a car. It’ll take ten minutes. Won’t you just drive me?”
There was a break in the conversation. Then- “Let’s go see the boys. I bet one or two of them can change your mind.”
“That’s not- Lace, don’t! Just drive me? You don’t even have to get dressed. You’ll be back before they notice you’re gone.”
Lacey looked at the pool, then back at Hanna. She sighed. “Your Dad’s really gonna flip?”
Hanna nodded.
“Fine. But I swear, tomorrow I’m not letting you bail early.” She grabbed her keys and Hanna breathed a small sigh of relief.
“Anything,” Hanna promised.

No comments:

Post a Comment